The air-cooled band heaters are equipped with a second sheath in which a fan blow some air to cooled down the machinery on which the heater is installed. This allow a fine tuning of the temperature and has been designed for plastic extruder.
Maximum operating temperature 750°C, maximum load 5W/cm² (32W/Sq. Inch)
- Resistive alloy wire fitted in ceramic insulators
- Sheaths in stainless steel 430
- Minimum diameter: 60 mm, maximum: 1100 mm
- Minimum height 50 mm, maximum: 500 mm
- Low pressure fan
- Tightening by trunnions or the heater sheath and toggle for the fan sheath, number according heater’s height
- Voltage: 24 to 440V Single-phase or Three-phases
- Electrical connection by cables, terminals under cover or socket
- Built in thermocouple
The nominal diameter of the circular band heater is the same than the outside diameter of the pert to be heated. We advise you to properly tighten the nozzle heater when you install it. It is advisable to retighten it after 30 minutes of operation. You must use a temperature control device like a thermostat to regulate the temperature of your process.