The ceramic core heaters are designed to heat liquids. They are usually used in water cylinders or in the baths for example for the coating industry. The heater is placed inside a thermowell and can be replaced or serviced without emptying the tank.
Maximum operating temperature of ceramic cores heater 900°C, maximum load 5.5W/cm² (35W/Sq.Inch).
- Resistive alloy wire nickel chromium 80/20
- Insulation by ceramic cores
- Diameter: 15.6, 20, 28.5, 31, 36, 38, 47, 52 and 57
- Length from 100 to 3500 mm
- Wiring to terminals which are fitted on the head (head diameter is larger than the core diameter)
- Voltage from 24 to 440 V, 1 or 3 Ph
- Power up to 15 KW
- Stainless steel centre bar to hold the heater together
- Non heating length (for example under the head)
- Built-in thermocouple type J or K
- Thermowell to be brazed or welded on the tank
- Thermowell fixed on screw plug head 2-1/2ʺ BSP (or M77) or 1-1/2ʺ BSP (or M45), tapped welding ring on demand
- Thermowell fixed on standard or special flange
- Terminal enclosure to protect electrical connections
- Ceramic core heater without head, connection by tales insulated with ceramic beads
It is advisable to install ceramic core heaters horizontally (especially those of more than 1m long) to extend their duration. The water level inside the tank must always be sufficient to cover the heating section of the ceramic core heater inside the thermowell.