The circular ceramic band heaters are intended to heat by conduction cylindrical parts. They are used to heat the barrel of plastic injection moulding machines and extruders and in other applications such as tank heating.
Maximum operating temperature 750°C with stainless steel sheath and 900°C with Inconnel sheath, maximum load 8W/cm² (50W/Sq. Inch)
- Resistive alloy wire coiled
- High quality ceramic band insulators
- Sheath in stainless steel 430 or Inconel 600
- Minimum diameter: 60 mm, maximum diameter: 1200 mm
- Minimum height 20 mm, then by 15 mm step (20, 35, 50, 65, …)
- Voltage: 24 to 440 V, 1 or 3 Ph
- Tightening by trunnions, number according heater height
- Electrical connection by cables, terminals in junction box or type C socket
- Built in thermocouple
- Holes for sensor or piping…
- Auto tightening design with spring
- Heater split in 2 or more pieces to ease installation
- Quick assembly with toggles
The nominal diameter of the circular band heater is the same than the outside diameter of the pert to be heated. We advise you to properly tighten the band heater when you install it. It is advisable to retighten it after 30 minutes of operation. You must use a temperature control device like a thermostat to regulate the temperature of your process. The circular heaters are not waterproof.